Hope everyone's holidays go / are going / went well!
Year End Survey
Stolen from Grey
1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
I invited my girlfriend to live with me.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do the New Year's resolution thing.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Laura.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My cousin Catherine, and others.
5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed in the US.
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
A better job.
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 31, the Village Halloween parade
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Lassoing me a wonderfully geeky and insane girlfriend.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting a better job.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Squandered on such luxuries as food and shelter.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Grey's surprise party, the Renaissance Faire, the Halloween Parade, every 2600 meeting (except the last one, right Murd0c?)
16. What songs will always remind you of 2003?
"Homies" by Insane Clown Posse.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Poorer financially, but happy.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it home with my family, and on the PLA voice bridge with friends wishing strangers a merry Christmas at silly hours.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
23. How many one-night stands?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone.
26. What was the best book you read?
I couldn't begin to choose one.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The "Verve Remixed" series.
28. What did you want and get?
A new computer. I love my girlfriend!
30. What were your favorite films of this year?
I didn't see enough movies this year.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to work. Then, I went to sleep.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Keepin more in touch with the people in my life, keeping more in touch with the spiritual community I've grown friendly with.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
Same sense of haute couture as usual, though I just switched my extra-long scarf for an average one, and got a priest coat.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The Statue of Liberty.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Now, there's a can of worms... I'm against Bush and his war.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003:
Just because you are prepared for the worst, is no reason not to expect the best.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
From Shiny Diamonds, by Violent J:
It ain't much going on but that's where I belong
Because some of them days be shiny diamonds,
And it can't be wrong,
Because some of them nights the moon be shining,
Like a world of gold, so much unexplored
And I be climbing,
Heaven, I'm in.