Reasons Chicago is awesome, so far:
- The airline did not crash or lose my bag.
- The public transit is totally charming and the map makes sense.
- The Payless here had the plimsolls I like.
- The "pizza" is almost, but not entirely, unlike pizza, yet it is insanely great.
- There's an epically awesome sushi place, the kind they write songs about.
- The drag queen supply store had a concertina on the shelf.
- And of course, there's an awesome woman here with whom I'm madly in love.
She's off being all day-jobby, I'm off to explore the city by myself for a bit. Excelsior!