I've been involved with a few audio-based projects, my own and others'. Here are some of them.
I dabble in singing, producing, and remixing.
- Space Mutiny - This site has some of the mixes, mashups, and other random audio-based tomfoolery I used to make regularly, some of it credited as "DJ Luciernaga."
A limited amount of the site's former content is currently available. Plans to restore the site are currently underway.
- Phone Losers of America songs - I recorded and sang the tracks "Bell Odyssey" and "Guilty Deter" for my phone-pranking PLA pals.
- Yatta!!! - I covered the well-known Japanese Internet meme song Yatta! My version was in English, and was done as a solo multitrack a capella. There's an MP3 as well as a music video available.
- Aisle Six - A theatrical musical in which I have a role or two. At one point I perform a duet with myself... it's complicated.
Radio & Podcasting
I'm a regular presence on terrestrial and
extraterrestrial Internet radio.
- Off the Hook - A long-running weekly talk-radio program broadcast over the air and online at 99.5FM WBAI Pacifica Radio, headed up by Emmanuel Goldstein of 2600: the Hacker Quarterly. I've been a fan of the program since the 1990s, and it was my privilege to join as a regular panelist in 2008.
More info on how to listen live, as well as archives of the show from 1988 to the most recent episode, can be found at the official Off the Hook website.
- My tenure at Off the Hook has led to occasional filling-in as a live radio engineer at WBAI, and my experience at the controls continues to grow.
- Occupy Wall Street Radio - A radio show on WBAI involving members of the Occupy Wall Street movement. I was a guest on the January 18, 2012 episode to discuss SOPA/PIPA and the issues involved.
- The Swimcast - The Swimcast is the premier podcast covering the world of Adult Swim, and related and unrelated subjects. I was an invited guest on episode 14, the Sealab 2021 retrospective, in my capacity as Sealab 2021 historian and former fansite proprietor.
This appearance would later earn me a Swimmie award from the podcast's crew, which you can hear me tearfully accepting in episode 59. The following year I was asked back for a brief cameo in episode 116 to present that award to my successor.
- Kickin it with The Queen - A late-night spirituality-focused talk show on Off the Top Radio, WGBB 1240AM. I was an invited guest on July 11, 2009 and January 24, 2010.
Back to portfolio