I've been involved with a few audio-based projects, my own and others'. Here are some of them.
I dabble in singing, producing, and remixing.
- Space Mutiny - This site has some of the mixes, mashups, and other random audio-based tomfoolery I used to make regularly, some of it credited as "DJ Luciernaga."
A limited amount of the site's former content is currently available. Plans to restore the site are currently underway.
- Phone Losers of America songs - I recorded and sang the tracks "Bell Odyssey" and "Guilty Deter" for my phone-pranking PLA pals.
- Yatta!!! - I covered the well-known Japanese Internet meme song Yatta! My version was in English, and was done as a solo multitrack a capella. There's an MP3 as well as a music video available.
- Tom's Diner - My take on Suzanne Vega's doo-doo-doo-doo (etc.) song.
- Aisle Six - A theatrical musical in the early stages of which I had a role or two. At one point I performed a duet with myself... it's complicated.
Radio & Podcasting
I'm a regular presence on terrestrial and
extraterrestrial Internet radio.
- Off the Hook - A long-running weekly talk-radio program broadcast over the air and online at 99.5FM WBAI Pacifica Radio, headed up by Emmanuel Goldstein of 2600: the Hacker Quarterly. I've been a fan of the program since the 1990s, and it was my privilege to join as a regular panelist in 2008.
- Earthdriver.org - I was interviewed by Jeremiah of Earthdriver for their November 17, 2013 podcast. Jeremiah and I spoke about the hacker world, how I got my start in it, the HOPE conference, Off the Hook, and more.
- Occupy Wall Street Radio - A radio show on WBAI involving members of the Occupy Wall Street movement. I was a guest on the January 18, 2012 episode to discuss SOPA/PIPA and the issues involved.
- The Swimcast - The Swimcast is the premier podcast covering the world of Adult Swim, and related and unrelated subjects. I was an invited guest on episode 14, the Sealab 2021 retrospective, in my capacity as Sealab 2021 historian and former fansite proprietor.
This appearance would later earn me a Swimmie award from the podcast's crew, which you can hear me tearfully accepting in episode 59. The following year I was asked back for a brief cameo in episode 116 to present that award to my successor.
- Kickin it with The Queen - A late-night spirituality-focused talk show on Off the Top Radio, WGBB 1240AM. I was an invited guest on July 11, 2009 and January 24, 2010.
Back to portfolio